Monday, January 3, 2011

Vorik, ahh Taurik. Sorry, I get confused.

So, this one took me quite a while. Alexander Enberg was quite elusive. I finally got what I thought was a good address. So I put my packet together and mailed it of May of 1997, then waited for the return. And waited, and waited. March 22, 1999, my patience was finally rewarded! Beautiful card, with a great address. Sometimes it pays to be patient...though it may be a little tough.


Interesting side note, according to Memory Alpha's web-site "Vorik was played by Alexander Enberg, who had previously played the similarly-named Vulcan Ensign Taurik in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Lower Decks". Producer Jeri Taylor (who happens to be Enberg's mother) once suggested that Taurik and Vorik were twin brothers."

5 comments:

  1. I am alex enberg. and that is not my signature. sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex. Please excuse this HUGE lapse in time. Several things went way south around this time, and I just pushed it aside. Life's returned to somewhat normal, and I've been working to get back up to speed. What it be possible to send you those cards now? I can be reached at jamie@cargobay13.com. Thank you so very much.

      Delete
  2. send me another one and I'll be sure to get one to you. I'll even include a glossy 8x10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Can I send you fanmail too? What is the address? You are my favorite actor; I think Vorik's character should have become a regular on Voyager.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete